Thursday, February 4, 2010

What I have now.

I came across a 'personal growth' assignment this week. It is to define 'what I have now' as opposed to looking at all that I don't have. To take a mental picture of where I'm at as of Feb 1, 2010 and appreciate what's within my grasp currently. I think it will be helpful as a 'starting off point' and a great way to check back this time next year to see how far I've come, what I've maintained, what I've let go and in what other ways I've been able to grow (both professionally and personally).

Right now, I have at home:
An amazing, loving, supportive husband. He can take one look at me, know my mood, what I need, what I don't need. He knows when to say "Babe, sit down. Just stop for a minute". He knows when I need time out with the girls, and makes it possible for me to feed that need. He recognizes when I need time alone, and more importantly, time with him. He supports me to the Nth degree and I would really be lost in a tizzy without him.

I have a beautiful, passionate daughter. She is super independent, is very straightforward as to her desires ("Can I have a kiss?" she responds with vigorous head shaking and "Noo") and for only being a year and a half old, I can already tell I'll be growing for no other reason than to keep up with her. She inspires me. She has opened more doors for me than I know what to do with.

I have boxes surrounding me. It's a fresh, clean slate. Hopefully only one we'll be in for less than 2 years. I hope. But right now, it's perfect. Just the right size, the right acoustics, the right environment for a HOME.

I also have a great family network. Parents that live far away but still make every effort to see us often, to get to see their granddaughter. It's awesome.

At work I have...
An awesome employer. They understand my innate desire for growth. They encourage it, give me the tools necessary to reach and strive and open up. Not only professionally, but personally, too. As long as it comes with business growth ;) but motivation and desire often go hand in hand with business growth within my role. Work is close to home, hours are flexible, I'm able to 'balance' both sides with minimal 'give' from the other end. It's beautiful.

I have a great team at work. One that seems almost seamless. The staff are encouraged and happy, which, in turn makes my job easier and more rewarding. Watching the entire team reach for a single goal and accomplishing it is SO encouraging and exciting!

What I have amongst friends...
I have such a supportive network of friends. They're real, they're honest. They *know* who I am, what I do, where I'm coming from. They don't judge my decisions or actions, they tell me when I screwed up, but also allow me to learn from mistakes. They're supportive, loving, kind and funny as hell. They bring food when we're moving, a hug when I've had a rough day and words of encouragement when I need a pick me up.

I am so loved. In a great spot. It feels phenomenal.

1 comment: